Rack Mounted Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack Mounted Tuners

I'm in the market for a rackmounted guitar tuner to replace the builtin tuner of my GT-6. Can anyone recommend one. Also, are there any models to keep away from.

thanks,

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Rack Mounted Tuners

The Korg DTR1000 is good. I've been using mine and no problems yet. Make sure it's the DTR1000 and not the earlier models, the DTR1 (or something like that) because they've been known to add quite a bit of noise if you use it in your signal chain.

Comment

Korg made a DTR-1 and DTR-2 rack tuner. I have whichever one was more expensive. My rack is oer at Dave's so I don't have the ability to check right now. I've run it with my Triaxis which has an out for the tuner. Hasn't added any noise that I recall but I could be the exception. It's a great tuner and you have strobe, hertz, and cents options, 2 inputs, acoustic tuning capability, calibration, tone generator (which I haven't used). I've seen the DTR-1000 but my 3 or 4 year old one is just fine so there's no need to upgrade.

Comment

Yeah, i use the same Korg tuner, the expensive one with a note readout on it. It will induce noise IF you use it in series with your chain. It is silent if you provide an output that goes only to it, like TMDiamond has done.

I have an secondary ungrounded output on my CAE3+se and run that to the Korg. I used to just use a box that I had that had a few 1/4" jack in it that were a junction, sort of a Y-cable. Although not the optimum way to do it I'm sure, haha, I never noticed any loading, or noise using that method either.

Comment

T-Bag,

Your tuner is the DTR-1. It's the thing in the rack with all of the sparklely lights right????
          (Please commence with drummer jokes at will...)

Bones

Comment

Weird that the subject of tuners came up because I was just going to start a topic about them.

In the new issue of Guitar World they show Jeff Hanneman's signal chain and he's got a Korg rackmount tuner but he also has a Peterson Strobe tuner.

Granted the Peterson is not in his live signal chain but assuming his tech uses it at the side of the stage why run your signal through the Korg, I have never in my life seen Jeff tune by himself on stage.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I have a DTR-2, and while its not feature-rich, its reliable and silent. I like the fact that it has two front inputs and 1 rear input and a chain-mute mode.

I don't like the fact that it only tunes in cents and the note displays are tiny.

Comment

I have a DTR-1000 and I love it. Same with the guitarist in my band.

Comment

Working...
                X