String Tension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• String Tension

If I am not mistaken then by switching from 10s-9s should reduce string making it easier to bend etc.
    If I wanted to reduce the tension with just my Kahler, would I
    A. turn the adjustment screw clockwise, lowering the moving part therefore increasing the distance between nut and bridge or
    B. turn the adjustment screw counter-clockwise, raising the bridge and decreasing the distance between nut and bridge?

I'm used to Kahlers but are you lowering the action with the adjustment at the bridge? That should not affect the tension at all really just the string height which might make it easier to bend.
    To change tension you have to use lighter strings or tune down.

Comment

i think he is talking about the intonation screws
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

What I'm doing is going from 10s to 9s. I don't know which way to adjust the main screw, the one right next to the trem arm hole.

Comment

I've worked with floyds but not Kahlers, but i guess the concept is the same. First off, you've got to reduce the tension the springs at the back of the guitar are putting on the trem block. You can either loosen the screw holding the springs or remove springs. Someone correct me if i am wrong. Kahlers do have springs at the back right? :rofl:
          Sam

Comment

Counterclockwise. See top right of page 2 in the link below:
            http://www.kahlerparts.com/Zips/2200...d%20Setups.pdf

Comment

Working...
            X