model 4 wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• model 4 wiring

I just switched out the bridge HB on my mod 4 for a screamin demon. The wiring had a minor problem before, where the bridge pup had a slight hum, and if all the pups were turned off, toughing the bridge switch would cause a loud hum. With the new pup, the problem is much more noticeable. I used a small jumper wire to connect the ground tab(screwed into the cavity) to different areas of the switch, but to no avail. IS the switch bad? everything appears grounded correctly. Who can help?

Re: model 4 wiring

forgot to mention, all pickup output seems normal-no strange out of phase tones or anything.

Comment

Anyone? If I don't get an answer, I'm going to tear it apart and lose the mid boost, replace the pots and switches.....and I suck at wiring, so I will prolly screw it up....

Comment

We're all just waiting for you to screw it up so one of us can buy it cheap in the classifieds section. I know that's terrible but it's just the way we are. You can always count on your bros!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I bought it so cheap, that what YOU think is cheap would be a huge profit for me! It was sitting in the store for so long that the original selling price was marked half off. As i was purchasing it for this ridiculously low price, the salesman said "I might have a case for it." Out he comes a few seconds later with the original chainsaw case, in perfect shape. I've seen the cases with broken latches and such go for 40-50 bucks on the bay recently, so subtract that from what I paid and I got it for a LUDICROUSLY low price! I'm a cheapskate too! HE even threw in a black single coil cover i wanted to buy for free-saved me one more dollar!

Sure the guitar has some nicks and scratches, but hey, it's 18 years old! I was only 10 when it was made!

Comment

Working...
          X