fixed bridge backward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed bridge backward?

I bought a used Jackson DR7 and the sustain seems a little week. I was looking at the tunematic bridge and it looked like the beveled edge is facing the wrong way. Can the bridge be put on the posts backwards?

Re: fixed bridge backward?

You can put them on backwards. The beveled edge of the string guides should face the neck.

Comment

it coulda been done that way for intonating purposes to give it some extra travel. keep that in mind when/if you swap it.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Looks like they're on the correct way. I think I'll adjust the pup height to see if that helps. Playing the strings unplugged seems to have about the same sustain as my Strat, so I guess that would rule out anything mechanical. The DR7 still has the stock pups (Duncan Design).

Thanks for the quick help!

Comment

i think you've isolated your problem! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Bingo! I raised the bridge pup and now I can get some screamin' harmonics. Problem solved.

Comment

The direction of the bevel won't make a difference. Some tun-o-matic type bridges have saddles facing both ways. In fact, my Weddington has some facing the neck, some facing away from the neck, and some are bevelled on both sides. I'm guessing that it's to aid in intonation.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
              X