Finish Cracks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish Cracks...

I've been looking at a guitar with a 4-5" finish crack on the front, and a long one in the back. I like the guitar and don't care so much about how it looks, but are cracks like that warning signs of a bad history and possible problems to come ?

I'd think that if it's just the finish, the actual guitar body is fine. You can always get it refinished.
    Scott

Comment

that's typical of a bolt-on........ but i haven't seen or heard of one having cracks that long though.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I have a Model 2 that has a nasty looking crack running from the corner of the neck pocket about 3-4" into the middle of the body. Took the think apart - wood's fine. Great deal - scared away everyone on ebay and I nailed it for $100 with a case!

In other words, you prolly got no worries...
        Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I had a couple cracks at the neck pocket of my DX10DFS. £200 plus £40 for the setup, which wasn't a good one, and £50 for the Gator case. It was a very nice guitar and didn't have any playing issues. I sold it on Ebay on the basis I didn't trust the shop that sold it to me. I was probably being paranoid, though I never took it apart to check it.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
          X