X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups

I have a model 1A charvel
    Wanting to replace the pickups and bridge/tremelo
    This guitar has a single pickup near the neck, a single in the middle, and a double or humbucker near the bridge. I need some advice on what to buy to change these out (OBL humbucker and ??? singles).
    I like to play hard rock as well as ballad and easier stuff as well.
    Thanks in advance

Re: Pickups

Can you give us some guitarists whose sound you want to duplicate?

Comment

I like to play everything from AC DC to 3 doors down to led zepplin. Much help?

Comment

I would probably stick with some of the "tried and true" humbuckers like the duncan distortion or the Dimarzio Super distortion. Maybe the JB? As for the singles, standard strat singles can be had cheaply on the bay-what better way to get a strat sound, right? More importantly will be your amp. The better the amp, the more versatile your tone will be, regardless of your pickup choice. I hear great things about the new Line 6 Spyder combos, and they are relatively inexpensive. They have the modeling stuff if you are into that kind of thing.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Did this guitar originally have a hum in the bridge?A model 1a has a maple fingerboard and 3 singles with a vintage trem.The J-100 singles IMO sound better than the fender singles.Not as brittle sounding.Try a JB or a distortion pickup of some sort and keep the J-100s in there I think you will be suprised how good they sound,plus adding the humbucker removes some of the 60 cycle hum of the singles.If it does not suit your taste try something else.At least give the J-100s a chance. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X