BEAT charvel acoustic...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEAT charvel acoustic...

I couldn't resist this guitar. At less than $13.00 (under 35 shipped)I figure it will be a good weekend experiment in luthiery.

hopeless?

Some glue, sanding, and a refinish, and possibly replacing the top altogether should give me a hands-on look at acoustic construction-don't you think? Anyone with experience in this dept. feel free to give advice, or just make fun of me for this endeavor!

Re: BEAT charvel acoustic...

Certainly cheap enough. Have fun!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Like the seller said, at worst, I can enjoy smashing it. I think if I put my mind to it, I can at least make it useable. I may even try my hand at refretting if the frets are bad. A whole neck will give me at least 20 tries at it, right?

Comment

Nothing wrong with that at all! Hell, a little bondo and that thing'll be like new!!
        [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Seriously, if you need any help I do have some knowledge in that area, feel free to email me. I actually designed and built the guitar that was used on the space shuttle.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

<------ mm2002

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Little prob with the pic hosting this evening Ron?? I just love those red Xs!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

You're losing it, dude!

Comment

Man leave it like it is...pure Willie Nelson style!

Comment

The seller says it stays in tune and plays ok. I'm not sure about the bondo thing....it looks trashy enough on el caminos. I was checking out wood sources and a decent spruce top will only be like 30-35 bucks, back pieces run like 50 or so. Binding material is cheap. The roughes part will be if I have to re-set that neck, since it looks like the joint may be cracked. But if it is that badlt broken, it should be easy to get out.

If you played a guitar on the space shuttle, would the lack of gravity affect the intonation? Debate.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      You're losing it, dude!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope, it's already gone!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X