Looking for a site with neck specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a site with neck specs

Anyone know of a site that offers neck specs for various guitars? It's kind of mysterious, as Ibanez gives dimensions at the 1st and 12th frets in mm, Jackson gives dimensions at the 3rd and 12th frets in inches, and other brands give no dimensions at all - not to mention the difficulty finding dimensions for out of production guitars (e.g., the neck dimensions for the NightSwan, which I'd also like to know).

I have been doing some checking and figured out the following benchmark specs, for anyone interested:

Hamer Californian
    3rd - .725
    12th - .810

Wizard
    1st - .669 (17 mm)
    12th - .787 (20 mm)

Wizard II
    1st - .748 (19 mm)
    12th - .827 (21 mm)

Soloist (SL1, SL2H, SLAT)
    3rd - .790
    12th - .850

King V, Warrior ("Speed Neck")
    3rd - .775
    12th .850

Dinky (DK1)
    3rd - .750
    12th - .810

I was surprised to see that the Dinky's neck is significantly thinner than Jackson's "Speed Neck" (though the Speed Neck is thinner than the standard Soloist's neck).

I understand through anecdotal information that the early '90s Soloists had thinner necks than the current ones, and that the old Fusions also had thinner necks. Anyone know the specs? And again, anyone know of a site that maintains these? I'm also interested in the specs for the new Korean-made Kramer neck-through Barettas.

Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Working...
X