Floyd trem arms........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd trem arms........

Can an original Floyd with the threads on the bar be fixed so that it will take one with the collared threads on it?

My original has that nut and plastic washer thing on the baseplate and it keeps getting real loose.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Floyd trem arms........

Yes stewart mcdonald sells em.Check your local guitar shop they may carry them to .
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

For an easy fix, get some dental floss or plumber's PTFE tape and wrap it around the threads of the bar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, try to fix what you have. Sometimes you just need to replace the nylon washers or wrap the threads of the arm as stated above. The collar type are far from perfect and will eventually get loose as the socket wears.

Comment

wrapping the threads of the arm will do nothing as it is the piece that the arm screws into that is loose and wobbly.

Comment

Rick, you could try going to a Home Center or a hardware store and finding an "O" ring in the plumbing section that would act as a washer. Just find one that's the appropriate size and when you install it, just use a tiny drop of vaseline on each side to make it work smoothly.

Dave->
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave,

I might just try that, it sounds like you know just what I'm talking about, so does this mean that those parts can't be swaped on a Floyd. I never really took them apart to see if and how they come off the base plate.

The thing that I like about the collard arms is that no matter how loose the collar is, the trem arm has no play in it and is still smooth. I like my bar swinging all over the place, but with the original, I can move the bar back and forth quite a bit and not even move the bridge foward.

Comment

Originally posted by budman68:
                Rick, you could try going to a Home Center or a hardware store and finding an "O" ring in the plumbing section that would act as a washer. Just find one that's the appropriate size and when you install it, just use a tiny drop of vaseline on each side to make it work smoothly.

Dave->
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Dave, I'm supposed to be the official hillbilly repair king here...don't you know the chain of command!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
                X