Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a stupid question...

Hello guys,
    I want to oil the neck, clean the floyd-rose unit etc.,etc....
    Now here's my question: Is it ok for the guitar to remove all strings, then oiling the neck, do all cleaning,etc. ......., and then doing all strings on the guitar again? I don't know because all strings would be removed in this moment and I'm afraid the neck or anything else could take damage.
    With my Floyd-Rose you can only do dive-bombs, you can't pull it up, so I don't have to lay a little plate or something like that under the floyd-unit.
    Thank you very much!
    RATT RULES!

you'll do absolutely no damage to your guitar. I usually change strings one at a time, but periodically, I'll chock the Floyd and remove all strings so I can give the fretboard, frets & Floyd a thorough cleaning.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yep, what VG said. No problems. Take them all off and do your cleaning and oiling.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

It'll be fine to take off all the strings. You're also right to put something under the bridge. I usually place some cloth to keep the paint ok.

Comment

Thank you very much for your knowledge, guys!!! That helped me a lot!
          RATT RULES!

Comment

Working...
          X