DeMartini Pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini Pickup?

Anyone know anything about the new Warren DeMartini pickup? I've seen on the SD forum that it's available from the SD Custom Shop. Anyone here tried one or heard one?

They might eventually, if they ever see the Dimartini sig guitars they ordered a long, long time ago. :ROTF:

Sorry guys. It had to be said.

Comment

I really don't understand that.Warren DeMartini is currently a NOT famous player.He doesn't have much marketing value.But they make a signature pickup for him.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        I really don't understand that.Warren DeMartini is currently a NOT famous player.He doesn't have much marketing value.But they make a signature pickup for him.
        Just because his music isn't mainstream right now doesn't mean he's not famous. Hell, Randy Rhoads is STILL famous, and it's a quarter century since he died! DeMartini IS famous, bro. If you're into rock music and guitar heavy music, he's one of the top on the list...
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I want one of those. I called them and they said they would be made available through normal dealers very soon. Apparently everyone wants the EVH pickup.

Not sure about the Alnico 2, though, could be quite brittle.

BTW - theyre $160 for the warren RTM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
            well maybe SD makes signature pickups because some player has a great tone.... and Warren indeed has an amazing tone.... they also have Blues Saraceno signature... how many know about him? also amazing player with great tone.... SD makes those pickups for musicians who obviously know what good tone is and who know about real players.
            It would be kinda weird if they would make signature pickups for bands like Trivium etc. wich players have serious problems avoiding uber suckage when they back of the gain from 11.
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              well maybe SD makes signature pickups because some player has a great tone.... and Warren indeed has an amazing tone.... they also have Blues Saraceno signature... how many know about him? also amazing player with great tone.... SD makes those pickups for musicians who obviously know what good tone is and who know about real players.
              It would be kinda weird if they would make signature pickups for bands like Trivium etc. wich players have serious problems avoiding uber suckage when they back of the gain from 11.

They don't have a Trivium Signature Uber-Bridge-Pickup!?

Alright,I get your point.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Records sales No, but how many here are waiting for thier Charvel Demartini's? It is a custom order pickup, made to order. they designed it for him and hey why not sell it. Since they make them to order it's not like they are out any money if no one buys it.

Comment

I know the Dimartini pickup is definitely available now from the Duncan Custom Shop.
                  A friend of mine got one a couple of months ago.....I don't know if he has installed it in a guitar yet. As far as I know its similar to a JB but it has an alnico II magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by bsteff666 View Post
                    As far as I know its similar to a JB but it has an alnico II magnet.
                    Which is basically the Alan Holdsworth pickup without the extra 6 adjustable pole pieces.

Comment

If its like the Allen Holdsworth pickup, then it is pretty freakin awesome. The Holdsworth is my favorite p/u ever. I 1st heard it in a strat head Charvel. A ton o' mids! Nice highs. Not a lot of bass, which I actually like. For some reason most pick-ups sound scooped to me. This is definitley not! Guitar is a midrange instrument, and while I can understand the scoop tone when your playing by yourself, it just not a practical sound playing live, if you want to hear or be heard. I think the great distortion / overdrive tone is heard in the mid-range anyway, but just my opinion. Anyway, I like the Holdsworth because it really even from string to string. even with the mid boost.

Comment

Working...
                      X