Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring help...

OK Guys, I've got a problem here.

I'm wiring up some Dimarzio's and having an issue.

It's two humbuckers, one volume, one tone and a three way blade toggle switch.

The three way toggle that I have is a WD brand, like this:

What I'm trying to do is this wiring mod:

http://www.projectguitar.com/ref/jpmwire.htm

Unfortunately, the three way blade toggle in their image doesn't work when wired up the way they show it. With the 3 way switch I've got, in the middle position, no contacts are being touched at all, so it can't possibly be doing the coil tap as it suggests.

Can somebody use this crude ass wiring diagram that I've got below and tell me how this sucker should be wired up?

Thanks!

Re: Wiring help...

That diagram has the green from one and the black from the other going to ground. That is NOT right, AFAIK. Try swapping the position of the green and black on the neck humbucker and see what happens. If it doesn't work, put them back where they were then swap the green and black on the bridge pickup. If THAT doesn't work... I'm out of ideas. Coil taps suck for this very reason. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

OK - after an hour or two of messing with it, I've come to this conclusion:

I've now got it wired up this way:
      http://jimosity.tzo.com/wiring2.jpg

In this wiring, it sounds GREAT (except for a slight buzzing) in position 1 and 3, but NO signal in position 2 at all.
      The slight buzzing is more than normal and it's obviously no correct this way, but I think I'm getting closer.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comment

As far as I know, you need a certain dimarzio pickup switcher to do the JPM configuration. This and that might be of some help. Hopefully someone here knows some kinda tricks and crap.

Comment

Here try this Wiring diagram
          You might have to use a 3 way toggle instead of the blade style

Comment

Working...
          X