Fast Fret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Fret

Does using this stuff hurt the word on the fretboard (ie drys out the wood or adds to much oil to it) ? The other guitarist on my band swears by the stuff. He plays all Tom Andersons. Ok, please discuss [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

thanks!

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Re: Fast Fret

I use it occasionally, and have never had any problem with it. It's not "miracle oil" LOL..but it does clean the fretboard, give it some "slickness" and make things smoother. I usualy use it in the summer when I get sweaty and things get sticky. LOL [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I was just worried about it having bad affects on the fretboard because when my friend using it, he spays it onto the strings and fretboard. He does give it a quick wipe right afterwards.

But I hear ya about the summer thing. My fingers swell and it like playing with sausages (I know I opened the door on this one [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] )

joe...
      www.godwentpunk.com
      www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Use WD40 on a rag. Does the same thing and costs 1/4 the price. It is not a substitute for properly cleaning and oiling the fretboard though. The label should read "fast string" instead of "fast fret".
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Years ago when I used to gig a lot, I used the fast fret that you rub on. It also comes with the little rag to wipe the strings down. I always oiled the board anyway but my strings did last longer when I used the fast fret and wiped them down.

It was also good for getting one last night out of that nasty set of strings when you're to lazy (or tired, or drunk, etc...) to change them before a gig.

Comment

Working...
          X