New Floyd Rose baseplates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Floyd Rose baseplates?

Saw this on mattsmusic dealer ads. As far as I knew all the OFR's had the rounded baseplates like they made 20+ years ago. Is this one a prototype? Would this be a dead-on drop in replacement for the newer Jackson trems as found on the DK2M's?

looks like an optical illusion to me...the route is angled, but the Floyd is still rounded like its always been. or maybe im not seeing it?

kinda hard to tell with the Floyd being black and the rout being dark. if it were a chrome or gold Floyd it would be easier to see!

one question...i thought Floyds said Floyd Rose Original on them? the one on my Schecter just says Floyd Rose and its an OFR...? do they go through phases with what they want them to say? LOL i dont care, it works great, so its not a big deal! just curious!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

yah, open the picture , adjust the contrast, and you can see, good call SOC

Comment

Actually when you enlarge the screen size to 500% like I did you can clearly see it is angled like I stated initially and it isn't an illusion. (Green line added to aid the angle that is there, but go back to the original picture and magnify and you will see it is angled.)

Comment

That's weird. Both sides of an Original Floyd should be squared off, but it looks like only one side on that one is. Ask Paulbag, as he just bought that guitar.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
            Actually when you enlarge the screen size to 500% like I did you can clearly see it is angled like I stated initially and it isn't an illusion. (Green line added to aid the angle that is there, but go back to the original picture and magnify and you will see it is angled.)

i still dont see the angle...it looks like you went right through the edge a bit. i still call optical illusion, but we really need a better picture to tell!!! this might get interesting...someone get a better picture! LOL
            Available Now!
            New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
              i still dont see the angle...it looks like you went right through the edge a bit. i still call optical illusion, but we really need a better picture to tell!!! this might get interesting...someone get a better picture! LOL
              +1... think its an illusion also...

Comment

I may have gone through the edge a bit (crappy old 17" CRT monitor) But now I am on my 19" LCD and it still looks funky. I might be missing something but I look at pics of OFR and they have squared off baseplates.

I added a red line where a normal OFR would taper off from the edge.

If it turns out to be an optical illusion I must need an eye exam.

Comment

This to me looks exactly like what's in that Jackson, as far as the angled plate. (It's a mighty mite trem)

Same red line to where an OFR should be instead of angling downward.

Comment

im looking at my Schecter right now, and the left side of the trem, when viewed from certain angles, looks angled, but its not. i think its the same case here. we cant see the right side of the trem, so we cant compare sides.

i still think illusion until we can get a better picture...ill post a pic of the trem in my Schecter and maybe that will help.
                    Available Now!
                    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

notice the baseplate...its a normal Floyd, but with shadows and stuff, like in the top pic, it WOULD look angled.
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Nope that doesn't appear angled at all to me. You can clearly see the bottom edge of the baseplate is perpendicular to the side edge. I PMed Paulbad as ToeJam said he bought that guitar in the description. I guess we will find out if he chimes in about it.

Comment

Red line follows baseplate perpendicularly normally.

Green line shows the angle it followed on the previous pictures and you can see there is no baseplate on the Scheter Floyd at that angle. On the other pics there is a baseplate following the angle of the green line (I am not making that up out of thin air it's either there or it isn't)

Comment

Nope...it's the pic....
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by paulbag View Post
                              Nope...it's the pic....
                              can i get an Amen?