Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Custom/Pre-made Made Pedelboards worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Custom/Pre-made Made Pedelboards worth it?

I was looking pedel boards and worth the cost? I plan on having 5 Fx, 1 A/B, 1 Wah pedels. It be a pain to set it up every move, should I Just get some wood, cut and carpet it, or pay $100 to $200 for one.

That much seems like alot for something that is just a fancy case.

How much did you guys pay for pedelboards?
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

They are alot of $$$... you can easily make one yourself. Take a piece of 3/4 plywood (not aspenite), get some speaker box carpet, velcro, and a power strip. Lay out the carpet over the plywood, marking where you want each pedal. Then sew the velcro to the carpet, then glue the carpet to the plywood. Put velcro on your pedals, and there you go!
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I also made mine myself using plywood and velcro, but velcroed the whole board, rather than carept, and dint mount a power strip as I only use 1 AC adpated, and my power strip is right there.

EDIT: And to keep the velcro on the board, just to be safe, I used carpenters staples (or whatever they are called) to staple it down in spots.

Comment

I'm about to build one of these. To make it look really good, I got some aluminum edging. I found it in just the right size to fit the edge of 3/4 plywood like a glove. I'm going with black rubber for the surface instead of carpet, and screwing the pedals down with bicycle chain links (not my idea...its been around for a while). I like the theft proofing...

I haven't decided what to do for power yet, though. I don't really want to spend the money on one of those Voodoo things, but I probably will. Cheaper alternatives?
        This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

A cheap alternative would be to mount a surge protector power strip to the board, plug everything in, then ziptie the wires neatly out of the way. You can even anchor the power wires to the board with staples to make it look even cleaner.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Good idea's. I googled "Pedalboards" and got 100 companies, cheapest is still 99, although I seen one on Ebay for $50. I do like the Idea of making my own.

Plywood
            I like the whole thing being soft Velcro, the velcro with teeth would be a pain in the ass to keep clean.
            Then I could cut A top for it. Maybe even cut a whole design for it.

now if I could only make my own pedals...
            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Working...
            X