Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Hey Everybody

just bought the audiophile sound card and wanting to get working with it but i have a problem:

i have a on board sound card in my pc's motherboard which i want to use as the output devise and the audiophile the input devise. so i configure it that way with the win xp sound devices panel, but there is no sound coming out. i know that the input is ok because i see it visually in the mixer. what should i do?

by the way, i have an ASUS P4P800 motherboard.

Thanks All

Re: M-Audio Audiophile 2496

I use the AP2496 along with onboard audio, and an Audigy 2, all at once...

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, but you have the M-audio drivers installed, right?

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

I know of only one driver, is there more?

I also got with the driver pack all kinds of midi drivers (like midisport 8x8). which one is the best for XP ?

thanks

Comment

I just meant the "M Audio Delta Control Panel." The one with tabs like "Monitor Mixer" and "Patchbay / Router."

When you say that you see input visually on the mixer, you mean the Monitor Mixer page? And just to understand, you want to monitor what is going into the AP live out the other sound card? What DAW are you using? And are you ever able to get any sound out of the soundcard that you want to be the out? Like, mp3's or something, just to confirm that sound comes out at all?

I know that with Sonar 3, you have to tell the program which sound cards to use, and then you have a ton of options as to what you monitor live: I assign track inputs to particular sound cards' inputs, then busses for certain soundcard outputs, and I can route a signal in one place, dry out another for external processing, then wet back in through a different set of inputs to different tracks, and monitor the whole mess on the primary outs through monitors. But there are about a million other ways to route the signal...

Keith
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Thanks, I'll try working with sonar

Comment

Working...
          X