Old model Charvel body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old model Charvel body

During the early model series Charvel bodies(1 & 2), Were flat mounted trem bodies only around? When was the JT6 model era? Does the reccesed trem cavity appeared by the model 3 series? I would like to have an early model trem cavity reccesed body, so I need to order a corrected heel angle neck. Need more things to play... [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Re: Old model Charvel body

They didn't do a recessed trem cavity until the Model series was over (except for the 3DR, I believe).

Comment

The JT-6 was on the very late 86 model series and on the 87s and newer.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The JT-6 was on the very late 86 model series and on the 87s and newer.None were recessed as far as I know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok, understood this thing about the JT6. Now I want to reccesed the trem cavity on a model 1 or 2 series Charvel body with only one hum cutout, what floyd or jackson trem is recomended to use with that? and like somebody said I must ask for an angle adjusted fender head stock neck.
          [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

Ok Richard, my IQ under 18... tell me, Can I reccesed the cavity on a model 1 Charvel body, use any regular Floyd, and the neck did not need adjustment, just bolt on?

Comment

I should think so.See if somebody around here has a template for the floyd routing.I've thought about doing that but I like the way a model 1 or 2 play so I decided to just leave them alone.JMO.
              Yes I would thik either floyd would work fine.If you go with a low pro you will need to do extra routing to clear the unit.
              If you do it right it should be a cool guitar for sure.

Comment

There's no matter with the template, I have one, just need to do it right like you say. I'll use a low profile Floyd unit from guitar parts depot, and get a Fender head stock neck with the right heel measure to just bolt it on.
                Thanks my man.

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

There were never any completely "recessed" JT6s, the 3DR was the closest but it was still surface mounted. There was a route for pullbacks but it was not a full "recessed" trem. The JT6 was never made with the short spring block (which is required for a recessed trem).
                  My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Yeah I know that... you told me about it a long time ago, remeber. I just want to have a strat type Charvel body (Model 1 or 2) with a single hum cutout and a single volume knob, with a reccesed Floyd, and a Fender head stock type neck. Just a little kid caprice of mine... [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] I have that between the eyes for a month ago man! And I would like to remember that my previous Charvel guitar project are now waiting for a special decals I want it to have. The painting job was done, late but done (though it was an easy thing, but my paintman had a lot of work, and mine was for free, so I have had to wait). You'll be see it soon. [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

If you recess the trem you may not need an "angled" neck.You could use a reg floyd or a low pro like a JT580.Now remember a model 1 had a vintage trem and flat neck pocket.The model 2 with the JT-6 had a shim in the neck pocket.A surface mounted trem sits up higher so the neck needs to be angled,a recessed trem sits lower [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] so no need to angle the neck.

[ January 16, 2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Richard ]

Comment

Working...
                      X