Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Concert V...

Hi guys,

I have found a mint condition Concert V in my country for a pretty good price, I play death metal with fingers and looking for an Alex Webster/Eric Langois type tone, not distorted, clean but crushing and brutal. I currently play a Yamaha RBX374 and love it, but it lacks something that I can't really describe and I will buy a new bass with 5 strings, my other alternatives are a used Carvin LB75, or Ibanez SR405 + new pickups. But I live in Turkey and it'll be very hard for me to buy a guitar from ebay, considering the shipping rates and customs shit; that's the other beauty of Concept V option

What are your opinions? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Buy USA bass from Ebay! I bought one USA bass from there and don´t worry: the shipping costs + taxes are reasonable if you are considering what you will get

Comment

The Concert V is one of the best basses Jackson ever made.

If it's got the Kahler non-tremolo bridge, you can adjust the string spacing in or out, and that's a big plus IMO.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes, it's got that bridge, and I'm getting it this Wednesday! I hope I don't regret it. Thank you for replying guys!

Comment

Don't forget to post pix
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Sure

Comment

special-k..............
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                special-k..............
                What?

Got it! It plays, looks and sounds awesome! The strings on it was too old so I got a Fender set (gauges: 115-100-80-60-40), made the string spacing adjustments after putting the new strings on. I took a few pictures of it, I am too busy with playing it I hate using flash so i took 2 pictures without using it but it came out very blurry, so I used at the other 2.

Comment

special-k..............
                  I think it's special-k's day off, recharging his smilies.

TerminalSpiritDisease, special-k's speciality is picture-posting enforcement. The forum relies on him to fire these off. when appropriate (which is almost always):

Special-k accepts no excuses and takes no prisoners.

Seriously nice bass, BTW!
                  Last edited by ken; 04-04-2007, 02:28 PM.

Comment

nice, nice doesn't cut it, that bass is hot!!!!
                    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

nice, nice doesn't cut it, that bass is hot!!!!
                      Rightly corrected: it's a seriously hot bass.

Comment

Thanks guys! I can't wait to use it on our next gig!

By the way, it has EMG pickups underneath those Jackson pickup covers, according to the seller. I haven't checked it out yet, I'm too lazy Also the price is still great even if they are stock Jackson pickups, and I trust the guy, he was probably the nicest seller I've ever dealt with.

Comment

Some pix are blurred. Was that the adrenaline when you unpacked it? Certainly would be for me had I just landed that.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I was excited but not that much . It's because of my cam, when flash is off, you can't avoid the blur, I even held my breath while taking these pictures but as you can see, they are too blurry. I need a tripod or something. Or maybe a new cam

Comment

Originally posted by TerminalSpiritDisease View Post
                              Thanks guys! I can't wait to use it on our next gig!

By the way, it has EMG pickups underneath those Jackson pickup covers, according to the seller. I haven't checked it out yet, I'm too lazy Also the price is still great even if they are stock Jackson pickups, and I trust the guy, he was probably the nicest seller I've ever dealt with.
                              he has covers over covers........... :ROTF: i think he ment to say that their active LIKE EMGs.

Comment

Working...
                              X