action problem on a floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• action problem on a floyd

alright, now i've seen everyone's jackson with the killer low action. My question is how do you get it? I lowered the post down, it lowered the action. but it still wasn't low. (DK2M by the way) aside from that but when i lowered it down, and it fretted out??????? it was still higher than all hell. i can get my explorer's action super low, really really low. is it because its a TOM setup not a floyd???????
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Have you took a look at the neck?..
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

yup...neck adjustment first...
      Hear the universe scream
      Bleeding from black holes
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

the actions equally high all over the neck. i might fork over the cash to have set up.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

That isn`t possible..
          Equall height...
          I have on my RR-3 at the 1st fret: little below 1mm and on the 12. 2mm..
          I like it that way(it doesn` t bother me) and the strings don`t buzz so it`s cool with me...

You must set up your neck
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Yeah bro check your neck out. Your in need of a truss rod adjustment or maybe even a shim for your neck pocket. Press on your 1st fret and the last fret (well I do anyway) and check out the space between the string and the fretboard at the 8th fret.

And from what you say, you should have some distance, go up to your truss rod and tighten it (if your holding your guitar in playing position pull your allen wrench towards you) do this in 1/4 increments.

Nothing hard about it, just gotta be patient.

Comment

press on the G string... you forgot to mention that wakeUPdead...
              Or try also on the G string pressing down on the 1st and the 14fret
              and look at the 6st fret it should be 0.010" space...
              Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I always did it on the low E. But your going to end up making this adjustment to your preference on how it feels. But don't over due it expecting the action to show for it instantly. Your just making the board straight so you can bring down that floyd some without fretting out.

I'll give the G string measurement a go sometime Mr. K.

So man go for it if you got the tools, and get back on how its going.

Comment

I`ve seen it on Frets

Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

seeing as i only like this guitar for the neck, i'm not going to tweak it, i let some one else try.

Comment

Well whoever does it is going to set it up to how they want it, not you unfortunately. So you would benefit from learning how to do your own truss rod adjustments and becoming more familiar with your instrument.

I still encourage you to get your hands dirty on this one, because its very simple. The only thing you have to worry about is a feel of resistance. If its hard to turn, stop. You could snap the rod.

But it can be many things that cause that resistance. For example: when I got my SL1 when I went to adjust the truss rod, I met alot of resistance and of course I was scared cause its an expensive piece of wood and electronics. Not to mention a neck through. But it wasn't the rod, it was infact glue that held it in place.

So once again I encourage ya to try man!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                        I`ve seen it on Frets
                        I'm going to look this over later when I'm more awake. It makes sense though because most of the time the G string is the buzzer around the 15th, or 14th fret.

Comment

alright why not......

Comment

Here a video how to do it...
                            Truss Rod Adjustment
                            Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                              alright why not......
                              Thats the spirit.

Comment

Working...
                              X