SL3 Floyd replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL3 Floyd replacement

I have an SL3 with a Jackson Liceneced Floyd and I’m looking to replace it with an Original Floyd Rose. Is it just a case of removing the old Floyd and putting something like this in its place?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9907&rd=1&rd=1

I take it R3 refers to the size of the locking nut and, as my SL3 alredy has some, the size of the locking nuts in the package doesn’t matter?

Thanks

Originally posted by Stokesy View Post
    I have an SL3 with a Jackson Liceneced Floyd and I’m looking to replace it with an Original Floyd Rose. Is it just a case of removing the old Floyd and putting something like this in its place?
    Yes, unless you also want to change the trem posts. Other than that, the OFR should drop right in. If you find that the sustain block on the OFR is too tall, you can simply take the block from the licensed trem and use it on the OFR.

Originally posted by Stokesy View Post
    I take it R3 refers to the size of the locking nut and, as my SL3 alredy has some, the size of the locking nuts in the package doesn’t matter?
    Correct. Your existing locking nut should have many years of flawless service ahead, provided you don't mistreat it.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X