Trem Leveling Tool Part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Leveling Tool Part?

On Kevin Eastons site he tells you how to change strings and set up your Floyd. While tuning the strings, he reccomends useing a Pencil to keep it level while tuning her up and keeping the bridge level with the body. He also mentions there is a Tool out the there that also does this and is made specifically to keep the Floyd bridge level while tuning her up. Question: What is this Tool/Part called, and where can I get one? Thank you-Jack.

Re: Trem Leveling Tool Part?

I'm not sure about the part # but it's called "Bounty". They come in rolls of about 200 and you just tear one off, fold it up to the correct thickness, pull down on the trem arm and stick it between the trem base and the body, and restring. Cost, about $1.69 for 200 string changes and it's fully adjustable and biodegradeable. (plus it's guaranteed not to scratch the finish!) Works for me! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

ACTUALLY, MOST of the time, I drop a 9 volt battery in the toe of a white tube sock {the sock is handy for wiping stuff like lemon oil off the finish}...I've also seen guys wrap a 9 volter with black electrical tape...

...BUT - of LATE, I have been whacking paint stirrer sticks onto 1" to 1 1/2" pieces, STACKING 2, 3 - WHATEVER it takes, masking taping them together, and then wrapping them with the thin white foam from the bags that new guitars ship in, and leaving about a 1" of masking tape hanging out that I double over and stick the 2 sticky sides together to form a little "handle"...

...I ALSO put one of these in under the Floyd when shipping guitars to keep the Floyd from DIGGING IN or SCREWING UP the knife edges or posts during shipping with slightly slacked strings - When the guitar arrives, the reciepient need only put the wiggle stick in - depress, and pull her out, and it's REUSABLE, too !!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys!! I actually thought they made a tool for this purpose [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I don`t know how Kevin uses a pencil, it puts the trem at a serious angle and not level at all [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Who carries the Bounty stuff online ? Thank you-Jack.

Comment

Bounty? get it? Maybe you should try Brawny instead...it soaks up more drool when playing with guitars. I can't remember the name of the actual tool, but it was just a small piece of plastic (like 4" ruler) that was padded and you just slipped it under the bridge. I believe it only worked with non-recessed Floyds, though.

Comment

There was a hard plastic tool made awhile ago called a Tremolok that was made by Grip Master (the same company that makes those little red and yellow hand gripper exercisers) but they long discontinued it.

I've got one, and I think Sully has one, too. It's a piece of plastic with a rubber pad glued under it that you put over the trem cavity, right underneath the trem, so that you can take all the strings off and the Floyd will stay up and not fall back. You're better off just using a regular folded up towel or paper towels, battery, pencil, deck of cards, anything that will keep the trem from dropping back.

Or just be a real man and take all the strings off and learn to do it the hard way without anything!! I did it for years like that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Real Man, who`s that [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Oh well, time for trial and error folkes [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Thanks-Jack.

Comment

yep, the tremolock kicks way too much ass... can't imagine why on earth they discontinued it.

sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Because trems went out of style 10 years ago [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84:
                    Because trems went out of style 10 years ago [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL You know what's funny? As I'm getting older, I don't have as many guitars with trems, even though I still love the Floyd. It used to be I wouldn't use anything without one, now it doesn't seem to matter as much. I retired my old Kramer, and my Charvel Model 5A and 7-string Ibanez have Floyds (and I'm trying to sell them, too). The rest of my guitars have hardtails, string-thru/TOM or TOM/stoptail. Though, I do have one project in the works that Warrior X7 is working on that will have a Floyd, but it's non-recessed and will be on the body for divebombing only.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Use one of those rectangular block pencil erasers.
                      ("Pink Pet" or whatever the brand name is). It is soft rubber so it won't scratch anything.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X