baritone LOW string WONT intonate!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baritone LOW string WONT intonate!

Im using a .58 gauge string tuned to B. I have the saddle ALL the way back, and it's still 10 cents out sharp. Any idea if thats the nature of such a high gauge string, or if ther is anything else I can do?!?

I just used a NEW string, Ernie Ball .58. All my other lower gauge units worked out fine, but this WONT intonate

tried various other tunings, it's just going high constantly. Seems kind of odd, im almost tempted to cut off half of this damn saddle :|

Comment

Might be a bad string... it does happen from time to time. Try another of the same string and see if it still happens.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

well, the saddle isnt going back far enough. .58 tuned to B on a 27" scale. DO I try a THICKER string, or a thinner one!?!?

Comment

I use a 58 for B on a 25.5 scale... try something thinner see what happens

Comment

Could be a bad string. I've had that before. Just replace the low B and see how it is.
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

58 for a baritone, i use a 52 for a 24.75, for standard tuning. i love the beefy tone i get from my explorer.
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
              X