Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condenser Microphones and studio monitors

Hi guys.

I'm searching for a condenser mic for my homestudio, to record nicely vocals and acoustic guitar. Mainly vocals... like, maybe there's only 1 song using an acoustic...

Ok, I'm on a budget since I'm also getting a pair of monitors (more on that later) and all the cables, I already got the soundcard, the tube preamp/compressor and the headphones.

These are the mics that I can get around here in Peru and are ok with my budget:

1) Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser (130 bucks)

2) M-Audio Nova Cardioid Condenser (150 bucks)

3) Behringer B-1 (I still don't know)

Here they all cost kinda the same and fit my wallet. BUT I wanted to know which of the 3 options will be best for it's price, quality, etc.

As a second question, I don't understand the differences between a:

a)Large diaphragm condenser mic

b)Low mass diaphragm condenser mic

b)Cardioid condenser mic

And in any case, which one is better, and, which of the 3 mics mentioned would be best.

Now, monitors:

Here I can only get KRK Monitors or Samson Monitors. KRK's are sold individually and the Samson's are sold as pairs. Both are active (which I need).

The options are:

2 KRK RP5 monitors

or

A pair of Samson Resolv 50a

Which of the two options will be better? In terms of sound quality, etc etc?

Thanks in advance!!!

get the KRK's and the audio technica.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Will I be able to mic an acoustic guitar correctly using the AT2020 ? I've seen pix of guys mic'ing acoustics using the other kind of condensers, that look like thinner and longer tubes.

Is there a particular reason for that or will it work the same?

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
        3) Behringer B-1 (I still don't know)

Never ever buy anything by Begringer
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
          Never ever buy anything by Begringer
          :ROTF:
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Which headphones did you buy? i am looking for a good pair to listen to the PODXT.

thanks
            Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              Which headphones did you buy? i am looking for a good pair to listen to the PODXT.

thanks
              Sennheiser HD555's are great bang for the buck. They are definitely not budget phones, but they sound great.
              My gear -> 2004 Jackson DK2 EDS, JT580LP trem, SD Custom Shop Crazy 8 trembucker (bridge), SSL-2 Vintage rw/rp (middle) and SSL-6 Custom (neck) single coils, CTS pots, 5-way super switch with custom wiring, GHS Boomers TNT 10-52, ENGL Powerball E645 V2 head, ENGL Custom Footswitch Z-5, Framus FR 212 CS cab

Comment

Get KRK &the AT mic. Large diaphragm Condenser(any pictured of someone singing into a mic in a studio) U87 ,AT 2020 and a million look alikes. Low mass diaphragm = very thin . Cardioid is the pattern it pickup on the mic. Go to Harmony-central data reviews or the recording forum for more info.

Comment

Working...
                X