Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could an F-Spaced bladed pickup work ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could an F-Spaced bladed pickup work ...

This question just popped into my mind and I wasn't quite sure the answer. But could and F-spaced bladed pickup work on a tune-o-matic or something like that ?

If it is bladed, then wont the strings always be aligned in the first place ? so aside from being ?wider? than your standard pickup, would it effect tone ?

That came to as I was looking arround at X2N's on ebay. I think they have become my new favorite pickup based on looks alone. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Soon i'll be playing one though [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Could an F-Spaced bladed pickup work ...

Yeah, the bladed pickup (X2N) can be used on
    F-spaced and regular spaced guitars with no problem.

The Dimarzio web page explains it in detail:

http://www.dimarzio.com/f_pickups.html

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PaddoK:
      If it is bladed, then wont the strings always be aligned in the first place?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, with a blade pickup, there is no such thing as regular or F-spaced. They work the same with all guitars, and the long bars keep all the strings in a constant magnetic field as opposed to separate pole pieces. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2384

the little sticker says F-spaced ? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the description of the auction does state regular and F-spaced, which is what it is. It's for both, as all blade-style pickups are universal regardless. Some pickups with just the regular pole pieces are designated as F-spaced (Fender/Floyd spacing) so that the pole pieces are sure to line up with different spacing on those trems. Normal pickups like a Gibson, which aren't F-spaced, have different pole spacing for the different width of the TOM bridge.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I forgot to say, the size of the pickup itself is not any wider or any different.

Comment

Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

No problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by PaddoK:
                If it is bladed, then wont the strings always be aligned in the first place?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, with a blade pickup, there is no such thing as regular or F-spaced. They work the same with all guitars, and the long bars keep all the strings in a constant magnetic field as opposed to separate pole pieces.

Comment

Working...
                X