Spring kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring kill switch

Actually I don't know the exact name of what I'm looking for.I'm basically in search of a killswitch like the one that Buckethead has on his white baritone Les Paul.

I don't use tone knob and I want to install a spring kill switch instead.So anyone knows what's the "real" name of this thing and where can I find one?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

From the fuzzy pic I could find, it looks like this is a round pushbutton type switch?

If so, you could have a couple options:
    1) a push on/push off button, where you push it once to 'kill' push it again to 'play'. 1/2" mounting hole example:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

2) Pushbutton Momentary Contact Switch, where guitar is playing until you push to 'kill' and when you let go, it's playing again. Be carefull as they make in 'normally open' and 'normally closed'. If you want your guitar to be playing, then be 'killed' when pushed, you need 'normally closed' (ie contact between the poles when button is in normal 'up' position). 1/4" mounting hole example:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

Comment

What I need is the "normally closed" momentary contact switch.Thanks a lot !

Comment

If you get the wrong one you'll have to hold the button down while you play. LOL
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
          If you get the wrong one you'll have to hold the button down while you play. LOL

Then I will hire someone to push the button.Just like Paul Gilbert's "human capo"

Comment

I used two of these as a killswitch on an old ibanez I had:

I just made the holes for the tone and volume knobs bigger and stuck them in there. from far away, it looked just like a tone knob, and it was really convenient.

the one in the volume position was a kill switch, and the one in the tone position turned on LEDs underneath my pickups.

I lacked the electronic know-how and soldering skills to make it work with EMGs though.

Comment

Working...
            X