Any opinions on these Dimarzio pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any opinions on these Dimarzio pickups

Has anybody use either the Fred or Evolution ?? Does SD make anything comparable ??

I'm looking for a pickup with some mid-range boost with out adding too much extra in the low end.

I have guitars with SD JB, Invaders , EMG, Tone Zones , etc. Just looing for something a little different.

It will going into a single hum, volume knob only, alder body with a maple top.

thx

Re: Any opinions on these Dimarzio pickups

Hi Hammer,

I would say that the nearest SD to a fred would be a Pearly Gates ( no secret that Satriani had a Chrome-boy loaded with Pearlys stolen ) If u like that singing Satriani sound i think PGs are the business.

As for Evos, they're pretty hot, if u want something sweet with plenty of mid-range from SD i would go for a Custom Custom, should do the trick [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Steve

Comment

Re: Any opinions on these Dimarzio pickups

I've always been a DiMarzio man, and never cared for SD's high gain p'ups as they always sounded really trebley and britle (IMO).

Now that you know that this will be pretty biast [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I like the evolution bridge a good bit and the neck a bit more. I played a JEM loaded with them and they were pretty cool.

BRIDGE: Nice midrange, could do anything from classic rock to some shred. A nice balance.

NECK: Great thick and meaty tone much more bassy middy than bridge. Good for those nice deep solos. Another thing I liked about it was it didn't get muddy when I was doing fast runs.

Overal grade:

BRIDGE: 8
      NECK: 8.5

Comment

Working...
      X