New strings... should I buy in bulk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New strings... should I buy in bulk?

I usually use GHS Boomers 10-46 (10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46) on my guitars tuned in E or Eb. I've started using Ernie Ball Power Slinky (purple package) 11-48 (11, 14, 18, 28, 38, 48) on one guitar tuned in D, sometimes Drop C. I'm thinking of going up in gauge for my other guitars but don't really want the 11-48 set. I was thinking of a hybrid set with 10, 13, 17 from the 10 set and the 28, 38, 48 from the 11 set would be perfect. I've searched around and the only manufacturer that actually sells that 10-48 gauge is LaBella. How good are LaBella, and should I start using them, or should I just buy single strings in bulk to create what I'm looking for?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: New strings... should I buy in bulk?

I'd just buy bulk string from juststrings.com, because they're cheap. I tried a pack of Labella strings once, felt just like every other string I've played.

Comment

Thanks! That's probably the best way to do it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Joe, I will go in halfsies on a qty. with you if you want to.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

i think ernie ball does have a hybrid set......
          www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

Yeah, but I think it's like the GHS Boomers hybrid set that's 9s on the highs and 10s on the lows. There's also a 10.5 hybrid set from Boomers which is close to what I'm looking for, 10.5, 13.5, 17, 26, 38, 48. Maybe I'll check them out first before I decide to do the bulk thing. The next set up in the GHS is a hybrid 10, 13, 17, 30, 44, 52, but I don't want my low strings that big.

Mark, I'll let you know. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X