Black D-Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black D-Tuna

I installed my first D-Tuna over the weekend. It took a long time to get it so the D and E would come into perfect tune. It works pretty well once adjusted correctly.

In another thread I talked about powder coating it black and it came out pretty good. There is a place near the bridge where it has worn off as the unit slides across the bridge's base going in and out of tunings. It still looks better than chrome on a guitar with otherwise all black hardware.

www.sandimascharvel.com

Yo Bret is that "gloss" or "matte", can't tell. I'm be interested. Can I send you my d-tuna? PM me.

-Pete

Comment

Hey, I had already done some motorcycle parts in the matte black and it just would not have looked right. With the gloss, it matches the tuners, volume knob, and strat buttons. If it was Matte black you would be able to tell...and probably not have liked it.

It took me a long time to coat it. I had to dremel off the "EVH" logo and plug the threds in the adjustment screw. I am pretty happy with the results.
      www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Pete, what I think I'll do is get a few D-tuners and start coating them black. Once I've done that I'll start a "one in one out" type thing. This way I can ensure that folks will get a good one up front as opposed to risking mistakes and screwing up peoples' D-tuners. It takes a bit of time to do these things because of the dust and having to bake them in the oven so batches would be easier. I'll let you know! I have one coming in now (thanks to another Pete!).

Bret
        www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Nice work! It looks great. I always wished these were available in black.

Comment

very cool, bret! it's a damn shame that the pic is too small to really see how it looks! your digital camera must be an electron microscope.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

there's a D-Tuna in that pic? Can you blow it up a little so we can make it out?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Sorry about that but only a big picture can prove the fact that there are none blacker!!!
                www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
                X