Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are these duncan pickups good/bad? opinions..(Jackson DX-7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are these duncan pickups good/bad? opinions..(Jackson DX-7)

Hi, this is my first post and i wanna say hello to everyone at the board... i found light when i purchased my first Jackson JS-30 dinky [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

anyways....

now im thinking about buying Jackson DX-7 http://www.accessguitar.com/inventory/jackson/dx7.html seven string guitar... and im not sure are pickups good or bad...

it says that it has HB7N and HB7B pickups and according to duncans webpage they are worth $140 a piece??

so by my logical thinking i think that they are VERY good pickups..? or are they more expensive only because of the 7 string set?

Re: are these duncan pickups good/bad? opinions..(Jackson DX-7)

Stock pickups in (almost) any non-USA-made Jackson are going to suck compared to the real USA-made pickups that are available. Cheaper, easier to replace hardware means they can devote more cost to the wood/construction, and the owner has the choice of top-of-the-line hardware (bridges, pickups, etc) without worrying about throwing away good stuff - so basically, the real USA Duncan 7-string pickups are going to sound better than the stock ones.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
      Stock pickups in (almost) any non-USA-made Jackson are going to suck compared to the real USA-made pickups that are available. Cheaper, easier to replace hardware means they can devote more cost to the wood/construction, and the owner has the choice of top-of-the-line hardware (bridges, pickups, etc) without worrying about throwing away good stuff - so basically, the real USA Duncan 7-string pickups are going to sound better than the stock ones.

Newc
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks.... maybe someday ill change pickups to USA-made ones... just after i get the grip for the 7 string [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I would highly recommend that - the JB7/Jazz7 combo in my Soloist 7 sounds excellent.

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
        X