input jack help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• input jack help

i have a Peavey TKO-115 and the signal dies out and i have to move the cable inside the input jack to get the signal back, this only happens at louder volumes,i tightened the input jack from the inside and now it happens less often. Does anyone have any idea as to how to fix this or whats wrong? I would really hate to have the amp go out during a show or something

Re: input jack help

Try bending the contact prong inward a bit - it may be wearing out. Also try dragging some sandpaper across the contact where it touches the plug of the cable - could have some corrosion.

If that fails, rip it out and put in a new one [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yep, sandpaper (min. 1000) and bending could help.

Do you know WD-40 spray? Try spraying the contact pins a bit.

And check your cable, and resolder anything that is necessary.

Comment

no need to make another topic

my cousin used my solder iron while i was away and the darned tip is orange and had black stuff around it. I could buy another tip but i have no idea what wattage my iron is. anybody have any info?

Comment

It should say on the tag or on the iron somewhere.Then kick his ass for boogering up your soldering iron.Never lend tools to dick heads. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Are you sure you need a new tip for your soldering iron? Maybe it just needs to be cleaned. Heat it up and clean it with a damp sponge.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yea i clean after every use with a damp towel or shirt. when i clean it i unplug it and take it straight to the restroom. should i keep it connected somewhere in the sink?

Comment

Originally posted by saven_g:
                yea i clean after every use with a damp towel or shirt. when i clean it i unplug it and take it straight to the restroom. should i keep it connected somewhere in the sink?
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">SAY WHAT?!?!? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Electric+water equals [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

If it is really boogered up, you can take a piece of sandpaper or a file to it lightly and then re-tin it-good as new. As for the jack, save your self the trouble and replace it-they only cost a few dollars and any decent store should have them. I think you can even get them at Radio shack.

Comment

quote:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally posted by saven_g:
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SAY WHAT?!?!?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sorry, I meant somewhere near the sink [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

as for sanding and retinning? im not sure on what retinning is but I heard in some other topics about not sanding your tip

forgot to add, thanks, I looked at it and the wattage is on the side, but its a 23 watt and the least I have seen are 25 watts

Comment

I think re-tinning is to put a lite layer of solder over the tip. Recoat it with tin.

Comment

Working...
                      X