Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone make a fixed trem-style bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone make a fixed trem-style bridge?

What I mean is something recessed into the body of the guitar with fine-tuners so I can add a locking nut/tuners for stability and not have to deal with the headache of having a trem. I know Ibanez makes them for some stuff (like the fixed Edge bridge on its 8-string model), but does anyone make similar stuff as an aftermarket accessory?

your best bet is locking tuners on a standard hardtail. shouldn't have any tuning issues. and if you do, try Big Bends Nut Sauce.

the standard fender trem or hardtail is the feel of what recessing a floyd or similar trem is trying to achieve. a good set of locking tuners should do it for ya.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

It's also partly for the look - I just don't like tunomatic-style or plain string-thrus on guitars that aren't old-school-styled (LPs, etc.)

My old RR's bridge was kind of a good example of the sort of thing I was looking for. Minus locking tuners, of course.

Comment

Yeah, Kahler comes to mind right away. The new Hybrid trems have a lock on them so they can either be a trem or hardtail. Also, didn't Ibanez use some kind of hardtail Floyd on the new Mick Thompson model ? For some reason, I remember something about that in an ad.
          I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Ibanez had a hardtail Edge on a few models, yeah. It looked pretty neat.

The kahler is kinda nice, but I've heard problems with it like tuning stability and lack of sustain. Which is one of the reasons I was thinking of string-thru.

Comment

Working...
            X