one kickass example of rosewood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one kickass example of rosewood

with all the ebonizing going on here, i thought i'd show how cool rosewood can be. neck is a chandler strathead and super sweeeeeeeeet.

i have no idea where they got their rosewood from, but any chandler rw neck i've seen has been really dark and stripey.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

That is a nice slab of Rosewood

Comment

Very nice. I've thought about ebonizing a rosewood neck, but I just don't think it's worth it. Besides, I like rosewood.

Comment

killer wood sully, looks great
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Nice looking rosewood!!! I don't know why rosewood gets a bad wrap. I like rosewood, maple, and ebony. IMO each one has it's own uniqueness.

Comment

RW is killer. Nice warm sound. Ebony. maple. PauFero. They all have their place in conjunction with the body wood.

Pete

Comment

yea...i dont understand why people badmouth Rosewood. i think its great...not the sound, although thats important, but the look. maple and ebony are typically just one solid color. rosewood can be stiripped like that, be dark brown, reddish brown...lots of different looks. all but 2 of my guitars are rosewood adn they all have their own look.
              My metal band Lucian Scott
              Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
              Available Now!
              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Rosewood like that is fine. But when it looks like chocolate milk, no reddish hue, not dark, I say bring on the black.

I've passed on Les Pauls when the rosewood didn't look right.

I have that same rosewood on a couple of 1980's Aria Pro IIs. Whatever it is, it's wonderful. Too bad Gibson can't find any more of it.

Comment

That really is a georgeous piece of rosewood!
                  I would never, ever dream of ebonizing that!

The neck below however, needed it badly. It's from an EPI LP Custom, so not a surprise that it's not the highest quality. Obviously the before on top, and after on the bottom.

It didn't make it look like ebony at all, but it does look like a decent piece of rosewood now, which is all I was after.
                  (My camera sucks, the lighting didn't change at all between the two pictures, yet the green's are quite different. On the top picture, there's also tape on the binding)

Comment

The rosewood on my Dean is awesome! I like rosewood too for its looks but ebony on my slsmg blows me away.

however, for thy rosewood lovers, on my dkmgt, its starting to show spots where the wood is lighter. how can I get it to look all even and colorful again? Like is there some oil or something?
                    Sam

Comment

PRS killer...

Comment

The strat neck looks like Indian rosewood to me...as opposed to African brown rosewood. Indian rosewood is darker, and can even look slightly purple in certain light. Where African rosewood is a lighter brick red/orange color.

I buy all my fretboards from LMI, and I have never been disappointed with thier Indian rosewood. Here is an example of the two together:

>>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I love the Brazilian stuff...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Why do an ebonizing (in general) ? I mean. If you choose rosewood then it means you kinda agree with the fact that it looks lighter than ebony right?

Or is it a "poor man's champagne" kinda thing?

Comment

The thing I can't understand is (about the dyers), if you use lemon-oil Rosewood will naturally get darker anyway.
                              The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                              X