Schaller Floyd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schaller Floyd question

This question has probably been asked before(if it has, I couldn't find it) and if so I apologize. I have a Schaller Floyd that I'm going to install on a Model 3A body. The problem is, the trem posts don't sit exactly in the center of the knife edges. They kind of sit off to the inside a little bit. The spacing is even on both sides, but I'm wondering if this will cause unnecessary wear on the knife edges or is this normal? Thanks in advance for any help. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Schaller Floyd question

As long as the posts aren't binding on the trem baseplate it shouldn't cause you any problems. Was the body originally for the Kahler fulcrum (1986) and redrilled for the Floyd or did it originally have the JT6? The posts should be 2 7/8" center to center.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

It originally had the JT6. Thanks for the response. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, the response wasn't much but it was the best I could come up with on short notice. I'll only bill you for 1/2 of my normal response fee ($45.00) because I don't feel that I put enough thought into this one. Also, I'm gonna give you a 50% discount on the next response!! YEAH!! I want my customers to be pleased! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
        X