what bridge is pictured here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what bridge is pictured here?

This picture is definitly not a Floyd Rose II..

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant..._Code=locktrem

was wondering if anyone here knows what it is?
    thanks,

Rich

Re: what bridge is pictured here?

they screwed up and put the wrong picture. Its an OFR.

Comment

That's what I thought, but what is that weird logo above the trem arm. And if you look carefully under the fine tuners, it's got writing where a floyd knockoff would normally say licensed?

rich

Comment

Originally posted by deviltronix:
        This picture is definitly not a Floyd Rose II..

http://guitarpartsdepot.com/Merchant..._Code=locktrem

was wondering if anyone here knows what it is?
        thanks,

Rich
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes thats a floyd rose 2 , you must be thinking of the low pro floyd . //Steve

Comment

I believe that is a second generation Floyd Rose II as we know today. The first version of the Floyd II was actually single locking (available on lower end Kramers in the '80s) where you could insert the ball ends of the strings into the back and you would only be able to lock the strings at the nut.
          That newer Floyd II looks the same as an Original Floyd, it's just a little smaller, and I think it's a direct replacement for a Schaller, if I remember correctly.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have never hear of this. where is it smaller at? it looks just like an ofr to me.

Comment

I believe it's a little more compact like a Schaller. I'm not sure if the pins are shorter or if the base plate is just shorter or what.
              I know someone here has more info on it. A lot of Fenders with the Floyd use this version, also.

The Lo-Pro version I know is the one with the locking pins on top and not out the back like the Original Floyd or the Floyd II.

Comment

The 1st gen floyd II had the short fat locking screws,the next was the kind you did not have to cut the ball ends off.If I'm wrong correct me.Fender used the 1st type Kramer used the other type
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

According to this site:

The Floyd Rose II’s steel saddles are mounted on a compressed metal base plate, which provides great tone at an economical price. Similar to the Floyd Rose “Original” in size and appearance.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                    The 1st gen floyd II had the short fat locking screws,the next was the kind you did not have to cut the ball ends off.If I'm wrong correct me.Fender used the 1st type Kramer used the other type
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the first version was the single locking where you didn't cut the balls off. Fender still uses the double-locking Floyd II today, and maybe it did have the shorter locking pins at one time.

Comment

Hmm, I guess the newer Floyd II is just made with cheaper metal and is a less expensive version than the Original Floyd.

Comment

That trem is a Original Floyd Rose. The Floyd Rose II looks like this

Notice that it has shorter and fatter locking pins, and that the knife edges are not a part of the trem itself, but attached in some way [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Now the OFR looks like this

Notice the longer pins and that the knife edges are a part of the trem itself.

The baseplate of the OFR is also thinner than the Floyd Rose II's. Also, the Schaller and Floyd Rose II are as far as I know the same trem.

Hope this helps

Thoraby

Comment

Ah, I thought the Floyd II and the Schaller were pretty much the same with the shorter, fatter locking pins. I thought it was also a little more compact for some reason, but I guess not.
                          And the baseplate on my old single-locking Floyd II was also thick like that. Guess the pic in the first post is messed up and they just put the wrong one in the Floyd description. And it does also say Floyd II on the baseplate instead of just Floyd Rose or Original Floyd like I've seen on some.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                            Ah, I thought the Floyd II and the Schaller were pretty much the same with the shorter, fatter locking pins. I thought it was also a little more compact for some reason, but I guess not.
                            And the baseplate on my old single-locking Floyd II was also thick like that. Guess the pic in the first post is messed up and they just put the wrong one in the Floyd description. And it does also say Floyd II on the baseplate instead of just Floyd Rose or Original Floyd like I've seen on some.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah , but what about those floyd trems Fender use on their guitars? They say Floyd Rose like the original,and look almost exactly like OFR's but they have that licensed text under the fine-tuners. Is that Fender taking advantage of their ownership of Floyd Rose, and building fake OFR's?

Anyone know? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]

Edit: I just noticed Toejam brought this up in a earlier post in this thread, so this is like asking the same thing twice... Sorry 'bout that [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X