EMGs Rattle while I play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMGs Rattle while I play

My EMGs keep rattling while I'm playing. It sounds like a buzzing, but the noise is coming directly from the pickups because when I touch them, they stop vibrating. This is only noticeably heard while I'm playing without an amp.
    And only the bridge pup rattles when I strum over the neck pickup. How do I fix this?

Nothing looks out of the ordinairy.
    Last edited by Mario8672; 03-15-2007, 10:24 PM.
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

are the screws that control your pick up height functional?
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
      are the screws that control your pick up height functional?
      Yep
      Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
      Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
      Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

Check the springs, make sure they are long enough to be compressed against both the pickup and the trim ring. If that is what is making the rattle, try pulling on the springs to make them longer so you can have proper tension when you re-install them.

If all else looks good, try taking some of the foam (that came with the pickup in the box?) and cut a piece approx. twice as large as the pickup hole. Fold it over and "stuff" it into the pickup hole, then reinstall the pickup, making sure that the pickup "pushes" down on the foam. Hopefully that should solve the rattle.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

i think the springs aren't long enough like the guy above me said. Do what he said.
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'd go with the springs, too. Springs from most pens are long enough to get good compression.
            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Working...
            X