Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groundbreaking pickups!

hmm...no pun intended! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

anyway, I spent a while searching the forum for info on adder plus, of course holycross' and sweetpete's reviews come to mind.

but I'd like to see if any more of you have installed these pickups, I just read some HC reviews of the Mastertone SPA humbucker as well, aside from the lame ebonics name it has, it promises greatness! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm not one for hype, but can the JCF'ers who have tried these pups enlighten me and others on their experience with APC and Mastertone?

please state your style of music, amps and other things that affects tone as well....if you could compare to other pickups (81, 85, distortion, invader etc. etc.) that'd be cool too! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

thanks,

- Rune.

Re: groundbreaking pickups!

I've got the APC's in my SL2H. The bridge is the Persuader Lead Custom, the neck is the Persuader Lead.

TOTALLY cool pickups! Like no other from the clarity standpoint - even at max amp gain settings - in my case a Marshall 30th Anniversary (EL34) - they retain string definition, almost like the pickup is correctly load-balancing the strings. Beautiful tone, perfect for hard rock or metal (depending on amp, of course). No comparison to the big boys (EMG, Dimarzio, Duncan, Lawrence, etc.) - far superior.

APC has a money-back return policy. I don't know that anyone besides HolyCross or I are using them. You've nothing to lose, so go for it!
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

I know John(dreamland rebel) is getting one so you may want to look him up. I'm sure he'd give you a review.

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Hey Pete have you had any other experience with the felony, malice, syrinx series humbuckers. I want to purchase a set for my sl2h mah, but have no idea what they sound like. I'm looking for something thats really powerfull and aricualte, and can cut through... aka a lead pickup similar to an EMG 81; but I want to stray away from the active design and flat eq. and for the neck; something thats warm and fat, but still won't be muddy in heavy gain. I'm guessing it'd be similiar to your set up persuader lead custom and a persuader, cuz everyone that plays a jackson plays atleast a little metal [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon,

You'll LOVE the APC's, based on the description you gave on what you're looking for. By the way, they're passive, so no battery headache.
          "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Is there an english website for these pups?

Cheers,
            Nick

Comment

Of course [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.adderplus.com/

Comment

Always put the company name followed by .com

Never know what you might find....
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Jon,

Forgot to answer your other question. No, I haven't tried any of the other APCs pickups.

Comment

Working...
                  X