Duncan design wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan design wiring?

I got a Seymour Duncan Distortion for christmas and I'm trying to figure out the wiring in my Schecter C1 Elite. I need to know if the color coding is the same on SD and Duncan Designed pups. The SD website was no help, unless I missed something. I also got a SD Custom that I already put in my SL1 and it kicks major ass. That guitar has gone through a JB and an Invader but I think the Custom will stay put. Thanks in advance guys!

Re: Duncan design wiring?

Originally posted by Joe:
    I got a Seymour Duncan Distortion for christmas and I'm trying to figure out the wiring in my Schecter C1 Elite. I need to know if the color coding is the same on SD and Duncan Designed pups. The SD website was no help, unless I missed something. I also got a SD Custom that I already put in my SL1 and it kicks major ass. That guitar has gone through a JB and an Invader but I think the Custom will stay put. Thanks in advance guys!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mine are exactly the same,with the red and white taped together ,with the distortion I ran a wire from ground and soldered it to the braid inside the lead .

Comment

Thanks Evol! I did manage to figure it out last night, even kept the coil tap. And for anyone who is wondering the black and green wires were reversed on the DD as opposed to the SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe:
        Thanks Evol! I did manage to figure it out last night, even kept the coil tap. And for anyone who is wondering the black and green wires were reversed on the DD as opposed to the SD.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I eventually figured that out. It had me pissed for a while but hey, using the green wires as a hot has proven to work just fine.

I remember someone telling me that it makes no difference if you use the black or green wires for the hot. Just as long as if one pickup has the green wire as the hot, the other pickup has the green as the hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Joe:
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I eventually figured that out. It had me pissed for a while but hey, using the green wires as a hot has proven to work just fine.

I remember someone telling me that it makes no difference if you use the black or green wires for the hot. Just as long as if one pickup has the green wire as the hot, the other pickup has the green as the hot.
          </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you meant one has green as hot the other has black as hot. The start and finish ends are just switched on the DD's from the SD's. If wired exactly the same as the SD's they would be out of phase when both are on.
          Gil

Comment

Really? The greens from both of my duncan design pickups are wired this the green wires serving as the hots. When I put the 3-way toggle in the middle position to engage both pickups, they sound just great together. Not out of phase or weak sounding or anything like that, nice and full sounding.

Comment

If you re-read what you typed you said the same thing twice. it just read weird.
              Gil

Comment

Working...
              X