Jackson Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky

I asked this before but I can't remember. What does dinky means? What's the difference between a dinky and another model Jackson guitar? This maybe sound stupid but, Does a dinky body needs a dinky neck only, or it can be match with other Jackson neck?

Re: Jackson Dinky

dinky is 7/8 the size of a normal strat...and I have a kelly neck on my dinky from a KE-3 and not only is it a perfect fit it is a bit slimmer as well which suits me fucking great! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think "dinky" is the modified shrunken Stratocaster-style body which is 7/8ths the size of a full-sized Strat. Black Mariah claims that the Soloist and the Dinky bodies differ in size MARGINALLY, but I wouldn't be able to tell... as far as I'm concerned, they're virtually the same to me.

Actually, "dinky" can mean any shrunken Jackson body... the current Kelly is a "dinky" version of the original King Kellys, maybe the current King V is a "dinky" version of the big Double Rhoads, maybe the XTRR is a "dinky" version of the RR shape, etc.

A neck must fit properly in the neck pocket and have the appropriate scale length. Also, I think there's something to do with the neck angle as well... a neck made for a recessed Floyded Dinky won't really go with an archtop Dinky body, for example, but I could be wrong.

Comment

OK, a seller of a regular neck told me that his neck has a 2-3/16 heel, 22 frets, and is for a 25-1/2 scale body. Does it fit in a Jackson Dinky body that originally fit a 22 fret neck, and is routed for a Floyd Rose trem (recessed cavity)?

Comment

In a word, yes.

Comment

Without any problems or needing of adjustings?

Comment

I've done it.. it was fine.

There MAY be a small pocket/heel gap.. maybe.

Tolerences you know...

Comment

The Soloist bodies are *SLIGHTLY* wider than the standard Dinky body. I thought it was just my imagination, but it's been confirmed by others around here (I think it was Greg Crowe that mentioned it first).

The Dinky is, specifically, a bolt-on 7/8ths scale Strat-style. Make it a neckthru and it's a Soloist.

Any shape can be dinky, but that doesn't mean it's a Dinky. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you guys, now I can get what I saw, and put it together. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X