Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kahler flat mount question... Help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler flat mount question... Help please...

Hello all. I am in a bit of a bind. I have a new model (made in 2000-2001 time frame) Kahler flatmount and the low e is buzzing like crazy. Through trial and error, I have traced the problem to a looseness in the steel (not brass like the older Kahlers) roller - essentially, the roller move back and forth in its position in the bridge saddle creating buzz (I tend to play very agressively and it really is noticable).

Anyone know if the bridge saddles can be swapped around?? (On a OFR, I do know that the bridge saddles are NOT all exactly the same).

Anyone know a source Kahler parts?

TIA.
    "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Re: Kahler flat mount question... Help please...

First, just so you are aware, the steel did not replace brass. The steel ones were true Professional models (the cam and rollers are both steel), brass were Standard models (the cam and rollers are both brass). Both were made at the same time. Today people call both "Pros".

Yes, you can swap them around. They are all the same because they are height adjustable. If you end up needing a new roller saddle, I may be able to help. I will have to see what I have in stock. However, you may be able to fix it yourself. I have found that sometimes the little metal rod that hols the roller is loose sometimes and I have had to use locktite (available at hardware stores) to stop the buzzing.

Comment

Try raising the individual string height and then lowering the trem posts. This would increase the tension on the roller and it might eliminate the looseness. A heavier gauge high E string might do the trick too.

Comment

Thats true JG. If you have a shim under the Kahler like so many Kahler equipped guitars have, maybe you need to remove it and raise the saddles up to increase the angle of the string at the saddle. This would have the same effect as if you had a height adjustable stud (which flatmounts do not have).

Comment

Working...
        X