Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help: Feedback problems!

Hi
    sorry to hassle you guys with my problems but I got this Jackson imported guitar and it is making a terrible and uncontrollable screaching noise! Whenever I turn my amp volume above 5 it makes this screaching noise if I stop playing and it happens on every pickup selector position too! Ive spoken to a few a few people and one of them suggested "re-potting" the pickups with bees wax ? would this help ? Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Please help!

Re: Please help: Feedback problems!

Originally posted by kit robertshaw:
    Hi
    sorry to hassle you guys with my problems but I got this Jackson imported guitar and it is making a terrible and uncontrollable screaching noise! Whenever I turn my amp volume above 5 it makes this screaching noise if I stop playing and it happens on every pickup selector position too! Ive spoken to a few a few people and one of them suggested "re-potting" the pickups with bees wax ? would this help ? Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Please help!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You need to have them potted. Let me know. I do it and I do it GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! Your pickups have gone microphonic. Basically what that means is that you have gaps between the coil windings. I can fix them for you. Email me or PM me.

Comment

I'll vouch for JG on this one. He did an old Jackson pickup for me and it sounds like brand new! (actually better than new)
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

I'll vouch for JG too. He potted a Dimarzio Super D for me and it sounds great. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Hi
          Just wanna let you guys know that Ive re-potted the pups and theyre back to normal and working perfectly.
          Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

Working...
          X