Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to get bodies and necks for guitar projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get bodies and necks for guitar projects?

I'm thinking of warmoth.com at the moment, since they other body styles other than the same old strat bodies. I'd like a Rhoads V or B.C. Rich type body, so warmoth looks like a good pick. However, having never bought anything from them, I want to make sure I'm choosing a good company.

Re: Best place to get bodies and necks for guitar projects?

Warmoth is a great place to get necks and bodies. They have some really top notch stuff. I wouldn't be afraid to order anything they have.

Don

Comment

Yeah, just call Warmoth and they'll get you what you are looking for

Comment

Does Warmoth finish their bodies and necks if you want them too? I'm guessing they do but if they don't, well, I don't know crap about finishing. I just wanna assemble the guitar, add the hardware, then do all the shielding and soldering myself. That way I can one or two kick ass guitars for a very cheap price.

Comment

Yes - they do complete routing / painting / staining / sealing / binding / fretwork / etc. I think they do everything but put 'em together.

Comment

Awesome, then I guess warmoth is the route I'm going to take. Thanks dudes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
              That way I can one or two kick ass guitars for a very cheap price.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">unless you've got the hardware and pickups already, don't expect it to be an inexpensive endeavor; plan on spending close to 800 if you need pickups, tuners, bridge (i'm assuming floyd).
              most of their bodies run around 160 - 180, necks can be had from them as low as 130, but can get to well over 200. their paint costs start around 150 or so. check through the showcase for already finished bodies; you can save a bit that way.

with their average body, neck and paint costs, you're roughly around 450.00.

that's not meant at all to discourage; i totally think you should go for it, as it's a hell of a lot of fun....but it ain't cheap.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I'm not expecting it to be insanely cheap, I know I'm going to be spending money. Somewhere around $800 is about where I'm aiming. I'm going for basic stuff, an alder body and a maple neck w/ ebony fretboard. For finishing I'll be going with your basic black or white solid color finishes. I'm not a big on floyds anymore, so I'll likely be going for a standard hardtail. I may go for the floyd though, as they are fun, great trems.

Comment

sounds like you got a good plan! lemme know if i can be of any assistance.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You can also check out Carvin.They offer a traditional strat style body with pickguard. They also offer a non pickguard body(you have to call to order it)that you can get with two hums or two hums and middle single.They will also do jumbo frets in there necks which are either maple or ebony.And there price for them finishing the body is cheaper than warmoth. I think it is $80.00 for a soild color if I remember right.
                    Mike
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I might just try the Carvin. I'm actually having having second thoughts about getting anything with a non-strat body. Only problem I really have with the Carvins, is that the only pickups that will fit their guitars are their pickups. I don't want their pickups. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I hate pickguards but if I go with Carvin, I may go ahead and get one with a pickguard. It'll at least be easier to route out a pickguard than a guitar body for the proper pickups I want.

Comment

Working...
                      X