Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR3 worth getting set up professionally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR3 worth getting set up professionally?

I purchased a new rr3 at guitar center for 425.00 that was only on display a couple of days.I am only 15 and don't know much about the techincal side yet,but want to learn.My question....the guitar seems to go out of tune within minutes,is this because it is new? Also,is it worth the 100.00 or so to get this guitar set up by a pro?thanks in advance.

Re: RR3 worth getting set up professionally?

Make sure the bridge and nut locks are tightened well, the guitar will go out of tune if you do not do this. If you have already done this, then send the guitar to get set up. There may be a problem with the knife edges on the bridge. I had the the problem with my RR3 and it was a pain in the ass the get the problem delt with.
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

yes, they're nice guitars, and it shouldn't cost you over $40 to have set up.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yeah, it costs me only $40 CANADIAN to have any of my guitars set up by my tech. This was over a year ago when I didn't know so much about setting up and fine-tweaking guitars. It's VERY worth the price for someone else to do it. Maybe ask if you could watch the tech set your guitar up, since you'll DEFINITELY learn some useful tips.

Comment

You should not have to pay 100$ to get a guitar set up, 60$ is not unheard of, I charge that when I do a quick dress on the frets, but just a normal set up, is 40$ including strings.

If the guy looks like the 40$ will put him out for the week, I charge like 30 or 35, so you should not be paying 100$

Comment

Also, stretch your strings well to keep in tune. Tune up to pitch, pull the strings up off the board or do a lot of heavy bends, retune back up to pitch. Keep repeating the process until they pretty much hold their tuning, then lock down the nut.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousteve:
              There may be a problem with the knife edges on the bridge. I had the the problem with my RR3 and it was a pain in the ass the get the problem delt with.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">how can i find out if there is something wrong with the knife edges? i have the same problem with a esp 7string, even when i move the whammy bar a little the strings go out of tune (mostly the B and E strings, in my opinion the other strings only go out of tune because of this 2 strings....fuck those floating trems [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ). i stretched the strings, locked the nut properly but it still happens.
              furthermore, how much will it cost to fix it if something is wrong with the knife edges?

greets
              fragle

Comment

if its new...try replacing the strings...stretching them out really good...lock the nut. For the price you paid they should have thrown in a free set-up with the purchase....yeah..100 is too much for a set-up.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                X