project questions, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project questions, HELP!

Ok, I dont know if this is in the right place of not, so if not can someone move it where it should be. Im getting ready to undertake a new project guitar and need some advice and have a few questions.

First, the body
    and the neck

I found the body after reading one of the good Dr. Newc's posts in the e-fraid section and decided to undertake the task of building this one. Im having the body routed for a second pickup and going to finish in a trans blue.

Here are my questions. First, can I install a roller nut on this neck and if so, what is the best kind to get. Second, what would be the best type of finishing dyes to use and where can I order them. Also if anyone has any gold hardware they arent using PM me and I may try to take it off your hands.

Thanks.

Don

Re: project questions, HELP!

Hmmm..

Warmoth will rout for the roller nut if you buy it from them, along with the neck. They sell LSR, great nut.

Stew-Mac has all the paints, stains, dyes you need.

That should help a little I hope.

Comment

I like where you're going with that project, that'll be beautiful! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
        Stew-Mac has all the paints, stains, dyes you need.

That should help a little I hope.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the tip, I think your right. Im definately going to get the finishing supplies from Stew-Mac.

Originally posted by MM2002 I like where you're going with that project, that'll be beautiful!
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to give my wife credit for this one, she picked out the color scheme and the neck. She also suggested black bevels on the trans blue top. I think that will kick @$$!

Comment

That'll be killer. Of course you'll dye the headstock to match?
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1525:
            your right. Im definately
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you're
            definitely

[img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oh yea, most definately going to do the headstock to match. I want to put some custom logo on the headstock but I dont know what yet. Any suggestions anyone?

Also Im going to have Warmoth do zig-zag shark inlays on the fretboard.

Don

Comment

I guess Ive gotten away with as many typos as Racer will allow. Nice to see he catchs everyone.

Don.

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity corrector! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RR_1525:
                    I guess Ive gotten away with as many typos as Racer will allow. Nice to see he catchs everyone.

if someone tells you "Trust me I know what Im doing", RUN!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've
                    catches
                    If
                    I'm
                    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RR_1525:

if someone tells you "Trust me I know what Im doing", RUN!
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've
                      catches
                      If
                      I'm
                      [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I love the new resources section, I made this tonight. It is kind of what I am looking for in this new project guitar. Thanks admins!

Comment

Working...
                        X