Help With A Floyd Rose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With A Floyd Rose.

Hey I got my floyd rose today ( For my Fender Stratocaster )
    and I don't know how the neck clamp thing go's on do I got to take off the little sadle on the neck or what and if I do how do I take it off?
    and there is a high end and a low end on the neck clamp
    wich end go's to what end?

Thanks alot you guys are the best I will send in pictures when I'm done I should be done in a coulple of days.

Later.......................

Hey I was talking to my brother (which is really good at wood working)
    and he said he needs a picture of the side of the head were the clamp go's
    so he knows how to put it on.
    So if any one has a guitar with a floyd rose please please please send in
    pictures of it.

Thanks Again.

Comment

i think.............i think the locking nut goes behind the nut "saddle". and the floyd has to be non recessed.......... i'm not very sure if it will work, but fender made some strats with floyds, so google some pictures up.
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

You need a router so you can create the Floyd nut shelf.
        All I can say is you need to take it to a pro. No offense intended, but you don't sound like you have the needed skills or routing templates to install this properly.

Someone who is "good at wood working" is still not going to be able to install by using a picture as a reference. There are templates available from Floyd Rose to assist in modifying your guitar.
        http://www.floydrose.com/instructions.html#original
        -Rick

Comment

This is a bit easier to understand.
          http://www.stewmac.com/freeinfo/i-1118/index.html
          -Rick

Comment

I've routed out several Floyd nut shelves for my guitars, and, personally speaking, if you don't know what you are doing, or don't research it properly, you WILL f#$* up your neck, and that's not something you wanna do. take it to a repair guy. He may charge you about $20-30 to do it, but it's worth it. While I've been fortunate enough to have never screwed one of these up, I DO still get nervous, each time I do one. I also took the time and created a jig for the job, which makes repeatability simple.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Here is a picture for you of what it should like before you put the nut on.

I strongly suggest you let someone with more experiance install it for you. To do it properly you will have to remove some wood for the bridge also if your guitar is a V-trem. Good luck and don't rush it if you attempt it yourself.

Comment

Thanks All

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                  I strongly suggest you let someone with more experiance install it for you.
                  +1

Comment

Working...
                  X