strings for 7 string Bb tuning, 24.75" scale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strings for 7 string Bb tuning, 24.75" scale

I'm going to be doing some studio work for a friend and it needs a 7-string. I was able to find a used Ibanez AX-series from the late 90s but when I tune it down 1/2 step (Bb-Eb-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb) the strings are very loose. I currently have some D'Addario 10-56 on it. I normally use 10s on my 6-string, but the Ibanez has a 24.75" scale, so I think that's making them too loose plus tuning them down.

I did a search on here and found lots of people using 60s. I can't find any D'Addario XL that are that heavy, so what brands do people recommend? The style of music that will be recorded is kind of Nevermore-like...some fast work on the low strings. No leads on this though, so bending is no concern to me.

Thoughts?
    Scott

try GHS boomers they go heavier
    I use 9-56 on my Carvin, but I have a 25.5 scale length.
    24.75?? wow that's awful short for a 7
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Originally posted by kmanick View Post
      24.75?? wow that's awful short for a 7
      Yeah, tell me about it!
      Scott

Comment

If you're looking for a set with a .60, Dean Markley has one. It's what I used on my Washburn 7-string, tuned down a whole step. I could never find them in the stores, so I ordered from here:http://www.juststrings.com/dms-2504c.html
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11-58 should work okay.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I used 10-70 on my 26.5" schecter, I'd settle for 66/68. 24.75" on a seven would count me out

Comment

Working...
            X