Question about Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Power

I'm not sure if this is just me being paranoid or what, but I was wondering if it hurts rack gear to leave all the power switches on, and just turn the power conditioner power off to shut everything down.

Somehow one of my tubes got damaged, and I was wondering if this could be the case... *shrugs*

I would never take the chance. I may not know what I am talking about, but I would turn off each component. There has to be a sequence inside those pups that the "Off" switch takes care of. Just my gut feeling.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I would never take the chance. I may not know what I am talking about, but I would turn off each component. There has to be a sequence inside those pups that the "Off" switch takes care of. Just my gut feeling.
      +1

Comment

Yeah, my gut was telling me the same thing... but my motivation was telling me different, haha.

Comment

It really bothers me how many rack units and pedals don't have some sort of power switch. I can understand that a Boss stompbox isn't going to have a switch - the pedal IS the switch - but seeing expensive multi-effects, MIDI boards and the bigger modelers with no switch seems crazy to me. The things are loaded with chips, and I can't imagine the "pop" of turning on any sort of universal power source being good for them. My Rocktron Guitar Silencer is like that, and I keep waiting for the day when it cooks itself at power-on.

Eh, it wasn't the MP-1 was it?!
          sigpic

Comment

Haha, actually it was. But it was the new tubes I put in it. I figured out the input problem too... some asshole swaped my guitar cable when I wasn't looking! I was using a stereo cord going in, even though I know it was mono when I bought it!

But yeah, I figured it wasn't good to use a main power down. Thanks guys

Comment

always go standby first, give it 30sec to a min then power. and same thing in reverse when powering up.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
              X