Kahler bridge on model 6; some fret buzzes even at highest action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kahler bridge on model 6; some fret buzzes even at highest action

This is just an issue with the top 3 bass strings on my charvel model 6, i've tuned the action up quite high and at least one random fret on each string (especially prominent on low E and D) produces a buzz at any setting. Thing is, whenever the guitar is at a downward angle even slightly more than parallel to the floor (ie the top of the body/where the arm rests is further away from me than the bottom that rests on my leg when sitting down), the buzz is gone, even at very low action settings, but I can't play it like that all the time obviously. I'm wondering, is my bridge busted? or is it the nut? (i'm not sure its the nut simply because at some settings, the frets higher up the neck sound fine but frets closer to the body buzz, again it seems totally random which frets buzz) would it be a better option to replace the kahler or get it set up? (I really like the kahler though, more than FRs :/ can I still get those models anywhere?)

I'm using D'Addario .10-.46 gauge strings btw
    any input would be appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by l1kel1ke; 03-05-2007, 06:21 AM.

You may very well have frets that are not level. Any good luthier can fix this for you. Or better yet - if you have ~$150 - get the guitar Plek'd (www.plek.com). I've had a couple of mine Plek'd by Phil Jacoby (www.philtone.com).
    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

thanks for the input, although I just found out the buzzing was from the humbucker cover shaking from the string movements rather than fret buzz :S lol all in all its fixed now after two turns of a screwdriver I can't seem to delete the thread though

Comment

Working...
      X