Steinberger tremolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steinberger tremolo

Anybody has played with one of these? The "transcale" trem?

I just want to know if it's possible to dive-bomb, pull the strings up (dimebag squeals), etc etc like on a regular Floyd Rose?

Thses trems do not have as much travel as an OFR.They will do the job OK.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Pete (Twisteramps) posted a video of him working one a while back in the MP3 section.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
        Anybody has played with one of these? The "transcale" trem?

I just want to know if it's possible to dive-bomb, pull the strings up (dimebag squeals), etc etc like on a regular Floyd Rose?
        TransTrem is the trem you're talking about. It can do the Dimbag squeals but I find it's harder and the trem will not dive far enough to get you spaghetti strings. As straycat said, it will do the job.

Comment

I've been trying to get mine to the Dime squeal it can be done but it aint easy.The harmonics jump out fine but the trem is just not as articulate.When you dump the bar its pretty lifeless.

Comment

I was looking into Steinbergers for my live guitar... I like the transcale, but it has two issues: 1) it doesn't have the transtrem 2) it's made in Korea. BUT it's neck-through........

So my other option was the GLB-2S (looks like the synapse)... it has the tremolo, it's made in the usa... but it's a BOLT ON.

Sometimes you just can't get what you want.

Comment

Steinberger trems aren't as responsive as a floyd. Plus the feel is kinda like a kahler with a limited range. The cool thing about the transtrem is being able to transpose to different keys and lock it in, but to use one for Vai-style whammy madness isn't very fun. I think the most you can get on an up pull is 3 frets (from G to Bb, or open g to 3rd fret).

Comment

Whats wrong with a bolt on?I agree with Pete.

Comment

Working...
                X