JB Phase issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB Phase issue

I've got a brand new SD JB and it's wired properly, but it sounds like it's out of phase.
    Very weak and thin sound.
    I know red and white wires go together, green and bare wire go to ground and the black wire is the hot wire.
    I've bypassed everything and wired it straight to the jack... still sounds like shit.

Any ideas what's wrong or did I get a dud?
    -Rick

Maybe a dud, but on a wire job i did, i discovered that if the hot isnt a good solid connection you can still get a single but a weak one.

Try reversing the Green and Black, Green to hot, Black to gound. But im not 100% sure this would work.
    www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
    the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Double check the red & white wires. Here's a thread with a similar low output issue:
      http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66792

Comment

I cut everything back an inch and even wired it straight to the output jack. Still sounds like shit.
        I'm gonna be so pissed if the pup is tanked.
        It's a black/cream reverse zebra JB I got off of ebay... it was new in the box, still sealed with the factory tape.
        Guess I'll see if I can send it back.
        -Rick

Comment

Dang, if you've done all that..try to send it back I guess. Not many other options. Hopefully the place you bought it off of will send you another one. If not try to return it to the mfg.

Comment

Did you make sure the wires didnt break somewhere, but because the jackets didnt they appear intact? Seymour Duncan wires are a bit fragile, and afte ra fair amount of bending will break.

Comment

I'm going to run a meter against the wiring to check for breaks.
              I also found out on the SD boards that SD has on more than one occasion, wired the hot leads backwards... i.e.; the white and black hot leads were reversed.

I'll check it tonight and hope that is the issue. Otherwise I'll send it back under warranty repair.
              -Rick

Comment

Problem solved... they did wire it backwards.. the white lead is the hot and the black lead gets paired with the red.
                It sounds kick ass now.
                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                X