Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S/S/H Axe...X2N bridge p/u,what single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/S/H Axe...X2N bridge p/u,what single coils?

I really love Chuck from Death's tone so I want the X2N in the bridge but I also want to use the neck and middle pickups. So,what are 2 good single cols(neck and middle)to go with the Dimarzio X2N(bridge)?

I like to play death/thrash metal so I'm assuming something just as hot as the X2N is in order eh? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: S/S/H Axe...X2N bridge p/u,what single coils?

duncan cool rails or hot rails. possibly 1/4pounders if you want singles....all great tho i prefer cool rails

Comment

If you want DiMarzios, I'd say go with either The Chopper, Fast Track 1, Fast Track 2, Pro Track or The Cruiser. Check out DiMarzio's tone chart for the eq specs and hotness of them. They've all got blade bar magnets like the X2N. I'm actually having a project guitar done soon with all DiMarzios... a Norton in the bridge, The Chopper in the middle and a Fast Track 1 in the neck.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks guys...would you guys happen to have a site to get Dimarzio's cheap and gives the option to getting the X2N in black? (So it matches the 2 single coil size 'buckers [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] )

Comment

I think the standard color for the X2N is black. Not sure how much they're selling for, but they stock them here. http://drumcityguitarland.com/amps/pickups.htm

Also, DiMarzio sells direct. www.dimarzio.com
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw:
            Thanks guys...would you guys happen to have a site to get Dimarzio's cheap and gives the option to getting the X2N in black? (So it matches the 2 single coil size 'buckers [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] )
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">www.universaljems.com is cheap enough, at least for me (can't get it cheaper here in europe)

Harrald

Comment

Working...
            X